Local markets around Baix Ebre
Here’s a quick guide to regular markets in and around El Perelló, L’Ametlla, L’Ampolla, Tortosa and Tarragona.
• General market every Saturday morning around the main square. There are stalls from local artisans in the summer and around Christmas. Every fortnight there is the Freesia Group English-language bookstall in the Placa Co-operativa (outside Homogenik bar), click here for dates.
• General market every Wednesday morning, Carrer Vista Alegre.
• Antiques market during the summer. Look out for dates on the tourist office website, here.
• Arts and crafts market every Saturday evening, 6.30pm to 10pm, from June to September, Carrer Rall.
• Clothes and accessories market Mondays and Thursdays 9am to 2pm, Plaça del Mercat.
• Fruit and vegetables market Saturday mornings from 6am to 2pm, Plaça del Mercat.
• Municipal market (indoors) open Monday to Saturday 8am to 2pm, and evenings during July and August.
• General market on Tuesday mornings, with clothes, fabrics, vegetables and leather goods. There’s a map via this link.
• General market on Monday mornings around the Passeig de Joan Moreira.
• General market, including second hand clothes, on Saturday mornings near the football club (take the turning just before the roundabout with the Corona SB hotel).
• A variety of indoor and outdoor markets, including an antiques market every Sunday morning in the beautiful old streets around the cathedral. A useful summary of all the city’s markets, in English, is here.
Have we missed any great local markets? Let us know.